Sunday, October 23, 2011

blog post 9

From what i can understand emergence behavior is the way complex systems and patterns arise out of a multiplicity of relatively simple interactions. i have experienced one of these complex systems this past summer while i was in Disney World Theme Parks: Animal Kingdom. While riding on the safari tour through the different areas with different animals, i noticed something that caught my eye. It was an ant farm, that was built by these small ants to live in and it was huge. this farm was taller than me, it had to be about 7 feet tall. I was thinking to myself, how could a group of things so small make something so big and complex. Inside that hill, could have been a million ants living together in one community. The definition of emergence behavior has to do with complex systems and patterns arising from simple interactions. Ants are very simple insects, they work all day. building such a complex living area is an amazing sight to see that something so small can build something so big. I feel that my individual perspective is very similar to the global perspective. It was an amazing sight even though I had only seen it for a couple of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment